Monday 11 May 2015

Female Pilots and Humor

Two Stories... 
Which one is true?


In the Restroom: 

As one of relatively few female airline pilots, I've often been mistaken for a flight attendant, ticket agent or even a snack-bar employee. Occasionally people will see me in uniform and ask if I'm a "real" pilot. Still others congratulate me for making it in a male-dominated field.

One day, I was in the restroom before a flight. I was at the sink, brushing my teeth, when a woman walked through the door and looked over at me. "My sister would be so proud of you!" she remarked. I figured her sister must be in the airline business, so I smiled and asked why.

The woman replied, "She's a dentist."

 

Helping with bags:


In uniform, while waiting in the baggage claim for my luggage to come down the chute, I saw an elderly couple struggling with their luggage. I went over and helped them lift their bags onto a cart. The man tried to give me a dollar. This was not the first time I was confused with a baggage porter.

(Remember those days when guys in hats helped with your baggage?)

I politely said, "No thank you. I'm actually an airline pilot. I help with bags for free." 

Enjoy the Journey!
XOX Karlene 

No comments:

Post a Comment