Monday 21 September 2015

Fifty Shades of Turtle - more clothes upcycling



This week's clothes upcycle is a few more turtle softies for the school carnival stall.
I made my first one of these 3 months ago using fabric from a skirt and pair of jeans.

Then I made another one a couple of weeks ago after a special request for a turtle mascot for my daughter's school environment club.

For all these turtles I used this great tutorial and pattern from 
Cup of Threads.

The three turtles I made yesterday are several shades of darker greys, black, beiges and blues.

I made them from scraps left over from other projects - from a couple of pairs of jeans and shorts.
Now whilst these turtles may be cute - I'm wondering if I should make a few girly turtles to offset the shades of grey!

What do you think?  A pink turtle perhaps?

You may have noticed I have made quite a few turtle projects over the past few months.  Well, living up here in Cairns, right next to the Great Barrier Reef, I'm lucky enough to be able to volunteer to help care for sick turtles.

This has also inspired me to sponsor a turtle through the WWF - this is Mitch the turtle:

For each of my e-books that is sold , which only cost $3.99, or the cost of a cup of coffee, I am donating $1 to the WWF to help support and protect our amazing wildlife and planet.

If you haven't yet seen, my e-book is a set of patterns and tutorials to make a comprehensive set of shopping bags, upcycled from sheets and curtains, and all contained in a stylish handbag upcycled from a pair of jeans.


Please do take a look at my E-book, maybe you could make yourself a set of shopping bags, and no longer need plastic bags when you go shopping! In doing so, you will also be helping to support and protect our beautiful turtles!



I shall be linking this post to many of the fabulous linky parties whose pretty buttons can be found on the bottom of this page and direct links on my linky party page.

No comments:

Post a Comment