Thursday 18 February 2016

Single, Double, Half-Double and Triple Crochet - more learning



After my success last week feeling like I'd mastered Granny Squares, I wanted to keep learning and try something different this week.

I browsed through my Crochet Pinterest board - which is full of so many amazing things that I hopefully will one day be able to make!



First I tried this pattern to make a simple daisy (the yellow flower in the picture above). Then I tried a star using this pin (the link won't work but the pictures on the pin are pretty clear). Finally I tried a heart using this pattern.

I think they all turned out ok. I had to look up triple crochet and half-double crochet, but I understand them all now. They all seem to be basically the same basic 'stitch' but different number of times to yarn over and pull through a different number of loops depending on the length and size of finished 'stitch' you want.

So far the biggest problem I have is knowing where to put my hook into to start each stitch. If anyone has any hints or tips for learning this I'd much appreciate it!


2 comments: